Monday, April 20, 2009

Montgomery Zoo and Fire Dept. Tour

We've survived our first week at Maxwell living in a one room hotel with no AC. Seriously, no ac in family housing in muggy Alabama?? Yet they have it in the single guys' living quarters. Oh Well..Caleb's bedroom is the closet and he always wakes up with a sweaty head =) I do have to say that its SO nice having multiple sunny days in a row! I forgot what that was like.
Brandon is busy but they have lots of activities for spouses and a huge playground right outside our hotel room. On Saturday B and I took Caleb to the zoo. He would only watch the animals that moved and lost interest when they just sat there. He LOVED the lizards but other than that, was way more interested in staring at all the people and trying to take Brandon's sunglasses off his face! He did enjoy the train ride around the zoo. Maybe when he's a little older he'll like that kind of stuff!
Today we went to the Fire Department on base for a tour. Again, enjoyed watching the kiddos run around more than the truck.














6 comments:

diane said...

The pictures with the lizard are incredible!

GrandDad said...

Wish we were there, even in muggy Montomery! I weould love an FD tour & the Zoo. Maybe we can do muggy Disney World in the next year or so. I'm feeling "Its a Small World" coming on! At least its cool in there.. nobody wants to go with me though... maybe Caleb will!

Kelly said...

Great pictures! What are you guys doing in Alabama? Did you move there or is this a TDY thing? I love the fire truck pictures.

lindsayw4 said...

Looks like you are having fun! We made it to CO, it was a really good trip. Alyssa did great. I'll call you some time this week.

Sarah said...

I love the fire fighter hat photo and Caleb screaming with excitement at the lizard. I can almost hear him. I so glad that you are enjoying Alabama with your family. Bring back some sunshine. We miss you up here in WA.

Lacey said...

Those are great photos, what kind of camera do you have?