Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Years and Stories (christmas post scroll down)

We went to Leavenworth with some friends, Nate, Lindsay and Alyssa over New Years. We enjoyed a sleigh ride, sledding and the snow!


Praying...

They loved that fake fruit basket more than the toys we brought for them





Happy New Year!



Our View...



Funny things Caleb has done recently:
He wants to thank God for everthing and everyone (most likely his way of staying up later). He says, "Pray daddy, Pray door, pray elmo, pray etc." and names everything around him. One night he kept passing gas during praying and said, "Pray gas." I pretended to ignore the request and kept praying for other things, but he insisted we thank God for gas.

I always sing to Caleb when I'm getting him up, dressing him, changing his diaper. One day he looked at me and signed "all done" and starting saying "No like mommy sing, all done mommy sing." Am I that bad? haha.

Another morning I got him up and probably didn't look my best because he stared at me, pointed at my face, gasped and said "OOH Nooo...oooh nooo, uh oh..."

When we were at leavenworth, he looked at me and asked, "Wanna go shoppin?" I couldn't believe he just put those words together. Then he nodded his head yes and said, "Yeah, fun."

Says, "Om-Lee" for Emily and "Bwandon" for Brandon. Likes to call us by our first names right now.

Says, "DAAADDY! are are you?" (for where are you) whenever he can't see brandon.

AND is FINALLY walking on his own. At the most about 5 steps at a time, but its progress! He says he's "runnin" but he's not quite there yet.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Great pics! Wish we could have come with you!!
Also-great stories! I can't wait until Isaac is talking more...so cute! Yea for Caleb walking too! Now you won't have to carry both babies all of the time! Hope you guys are doing well! Love & miss you!!

Fred Steinman said...

Emily,

Thanks for sharing. Caleb seems like he is full of personality. My wife and I are old friends of your parents and it was nice to see their first grandchild. Our first is seven and a half months old now. They sure are a lot of fun!!!!

Fred Steinman

Jen D said...

Such great pictures! I absolutely love the first one of the three of you. What a good lookin' family :). And the one of Caleb praying is ADORABLE. So happy he's a little man of God :).